When someone’s cheating, their behavior usually changes. They may do things out of the ordinary. They may suddenly change their routine.
But just because you see signs of cheating in a relationship, it doesn’t necessarily mean cheating is going on. Once you’ve seen the signs, you’ll have to look further to determine if cheating is really happening.
And sometimes there are no signs of cheating in a relationship and yet cheating is going on. It’s not an easy position to be in, to have to figure these things out.
Here are a few signs something is going awry. Don’t make a decision just based on one or even a few of them. But a lot of evidence can certainly let you know that something may be wrong, and you may want to look at little closer.
• Secret cell phone conversations are one of the top signs. If your partner leaves the room every time the cell phone rings, you have to wonder why. Were they taught that’s polite? If they’re at all strange acting about the conversation, you should pay attention.
• Sudden change in hygiene is common when someone is having an affair. If your partner never goes to any special trouble for you to make sure he or she looks and smells good, a change in this could be worrisome. If they’re making themselves nice for you, that’s great. If they’re dolling up to go out, you have to wonder why.
• More arguments can be one of the signs of cheating in a relationship. Particularly if it seems your partner is starting the argument for no reason and then storming out because of it. It could be just an excuse to leave and have some time away from you without having to come up with another excuse.
• Catching your partner in a lie can mean trouble. Even the smallest lie shows that person’s willingness to lie in general. Look for connections between that lie and the possibility of an affair.
• An increase in computer time can be a bad sign. If your partner is spending hours online after you’re in bed or while you’re doing other things, it could be an affair.
• A common sign of cheating is if your friends act strange. They might know something you don’t and feel uncomfortable around you.
• And a painfully common sign of cheating is if your partner accuses you of cheating or hints that he thinks you might be having an affair. Often that’s a guilty conscious talking and you’re being accused of the very thing causing him or her guilt.
Unfortunately the only way to know for sure is to have real evidence. So remember that even though these are common signs of cheating in a relationship, none of them is absolute proof an affair is occurring, but they are signals that your partner is unhappy with some aspect of the relationship.