OK, the writing is on the wall…the marriage is irretrievably broken. You’ve decided to divorce. Thinking about going it alone and filing one of those DIY divorces. In a word, “Don’t!”
Here are the top 10 reasons you need a divorce lawyer:
1. A divorce lawyer can help you get a fair financial settlement.
2. A divorce lawyer can help you see issues clearly when your emotions start clouding your judgment.
3. A divorce lawyer can act as a buffer between you and your spouse when emotions run high and anger sets in.
4. A divorce attorney can make sure everything (money, insurance, pensions, 401ks etc.) is considered in the divorce agreement.
5. A divorce attorney can help to iron out complex custody arrangements.
6. A divorce lawyer knows the laws in your state and can assure the divorce papers are filed correctly so a judge can sign off on your divorce without delays.
7. A divorce lawyer can explain your rights and obligations clearly in plain language so you don’t have to struggle with confusing legal terms.
8. A divorce attorney can protect your interests and help you understand and negotiate offers made by your spouse’s attorney.
9. A divorce attorney can help you in court when there are problems with custody, child support and spousal support.
10. A good divorce lawyer knows his legal colleagues by reputation, what to expect from them and can anticipate problems before they occur.
Even though you and your spouse may agree that you don’t need a lawyer, you don’t want any nasty surprises either. It doesn’t hurt to at least have an initial consultation with a divorce attorney to get some insight into what you are facing.
Divorce can be Messy, Get Legal Help Or Call Now: 877-768-2736